FieldComm Group Forums for FOUNDATION Fieldbus technology  

Go Back   FieldComm Group Forums for FOUNDATION Fieldbus technology > Public Forums > Fieldbus User's Network [FUN]

Fieldbus User's Network [FUN] The Fieldbus User Network List Forum. Post your fieldbus related questions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 20th, 2016, 10:48 AM

Question Peak Noise vs Average Noise

I recently ran an H1-Link evaluation with the FBT-6 and I got some numbers where the Average Noise in the segment for Fieldbus Frequency Noise (9-40KHz), Low Frequency Noise (50Hz-4KHz) and High Frequency Noise (90-350KHz) are all OK. Yet the Peak Frequency Noise for these same readings shows BAD.

The devices are communicating properly (so far) and I am wondering if we should take a bit more time analyzing the peak noise and its potential consequences in the long run.

The segments couplers are for outdoor installations and they are close to furnaces where temperatures can get really high during summer time.