FieldComm Group Forums for FOUNDATION Fieldbus technology  

Go Back   FieldComm Group Forums for FOUNDATION Fieldbus technology > Public Forums > Fieldbus User's Network [FUN]

Fieldbus User's Network [FUN] The Fieldbus User Network List Forum. Post your fieldbus related questions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 1st, 2008, 08:49 AM
Fieldbus Member

Just use High Power Trunk

I would recommend High Power Trunk (HPT) with segment protectors in the field. The HPT allows for standard power conditioners (even redundant if required) and provide the highest voltage (28V) and current (500mA) to the segment. With that you can achieve longer cable lenghts and higher availability. It is much easier from an engineering and design point of view as you are using the same power conditioners you would use in a safe area.
The segment protectors provide nonincendive (energy limited) outputs, which in combination with either intrinsically safe or nonincendive fieldwiring apparatus devices allow for live maintenance without gas clearance.
This saves cost and gives you the same benefits from using FF in a safe area in terms of distance, loading, redundancy and hot-workability.
This is the most commonly used method in Class I, Div.2 applications!

Bernd Schuessler
Business Development Manager

Pepperl+Fuchs, Inc.
1600 Enterprise Parkway
Twinsburg, OH 44087/USA
www.pepperl-fuchs.com