FieldComm Group Forums for FOUNDATION Fieldbus technology  

Go Back   FieldComm Group Forums for FOUNDATION Fieldbus technology > Public Forums > Fieldbus User's Network [FUN]

Fieldbus User's Network [FUN] The Fieldbus User Network List Forum. Post your fieldbus related questions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 18th, 2008, 11:43 AM

Valves drop every 2 weeks

The problem we are experiencing right now is that we loose communications with the valve about every 2 to 3 weeks.
The first thing that happens is that we find that every instrument in the segment wonít show readings. When I look what instruments are present in the segment with the 375 communicator the only one that I canít find is the valve, but every other instrument is present.
The way to fix it is that we only unplug the valve and every instrument in the segment starts reading right away. After we do this we can plug the valve back in and everything starts to work.
I donít believe that the positioner is bad because it happens on every segment that has a flowserve valve. They canít all be bad. It doesnít happen on any segment that does not have a flowserve valve. We have other valve manufacturers and we donít see this behavior. We got Fisher, Metso, and Mesoneilan.
What I am looking for is that if there is a parameter or setting that may be wrong and perhaps that is why the valve locks up.
It canít be noise because it happens only on segments with flowserve valves.

The other thing that we found is that this valves come set up from the factory as link masters. We changed that setting to basic to see if this will help. Could this be the problem?

I am sure the valve checked ok on your end because it usually works for weeks.

We are using Allen Bradleys 1757-FFLD as our host.

Please advice!!!