FieldComm Group Forums for FOUNDATION Fieldbus technology  

Go Back   FieldComm Group Forums for FOUNDATION Fieldbus technology > Public Forums > Fieldbus User's Network [FUN]

Fieldbus User's Network [FUN] The Fieldbus User Network List Forum. Post your fieldbus related questions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 31st, 2008, 08:37 AM

Grounding Recommendation

I am looking for recommendations on Fieldbus system grounding.

I first came across the SystemEngineering Guide from the Fieldbus Foundation website which talks about host grounding of the shield. However, after doing some more research I came across a Wiring and Installation Guide from Pepperl+Fuchs which suggests 2 more options for grounding and claims they offer further protection to electromagnetic interference. The link is shown below to the guide (Section 2.7),

http://www.pepperl-fuchs.com/cps/rde/papp/SID-266868B6-645E2D11/Selektor/http://217.151.151.74/selector/navi/productInfo/doct/tdoct0836__eng.pdf

and the methods described are capacitive grounding and hard grounding at both ends. The guide bears the same Foundation Fieldbus logo, but all of the posts on this forum seem adamant to ground at one end only. I noticed that the Wiring and Installation Guide is written in 2003 and the System Engineering Guide in 2004, but I am still not sure which to follow. Please Advise?