FieldComm Group Forums for FOUNDATION Fieldbus technology  

Go Back   FieldComm Group Forums for FOUNDATION Fieldbus technology > Public Forums > Fieldbus User's Network [FUN]

Fieldbus User's Network [FUN] The Fieldbus User Network List Forum. Post your fieldbus related questions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 9th, 2014, 01:10 AM
Fieldbus Member

Exclamation Required information on temperature transmitter

What is the correct procedure for TT calibration and loop check.

Do i need follow below steps. Please let me know any deviation.

1. In Transducer block i have to set primary value range and units matching the XD_Scale.

In this case i should also ensure CAL_POINT_HI AND CAL_POINT_LOW
should match primary value range and XD_Scale with same units.

2. I should ensure Sensor Range is more than Calibration range.

3. Do i need to select correct sensor type? Since i have observed, if i change Sensor type (from one thermo couple to another, as it shows lot of option) and download to the device,the AI_Out value will also changes and it will affect my measurement.

4. if i dont require scaling then XD_Scale and Out_Scale should be equal i.e 0 to 100% and L_Type should be direct.

One more question is for calibration do i need to give temperature at the sensor side and ensure it is showing correct value at the control room.
Can yo please let me know how calibration is performed form TT

thanks & regards,
Guruprasad.